Expanding the foursquare Specials platform to more partners
Whether it’s a discount or special treatment or a free baseball, people love foursquare Specials. That’s why we’ve been expanding the platform – creating new types of Specials, offering Starwood Reward Points, and partnering with American Express for new ‘load to card’ seamless redemption. And, starting this week, foursquare Specials will now include ‘Deals’ – deep discounts that you buy ahead of time – from five amazing companies:
- LivingSocial, with their handpicked experiences that you can share with friends, all over the world;
- Gilt City, which unlocks insider access to the best of your city, like exclusive menus and tickets to sold-out shows;
- zozi, focusing exclusively on unique experiences and activities like moonlight kayaking, cycling and wine tasting, and shark diving;
- BuyWithMe, for discovering the best experiences in 13 cities across the U.S.; and,
- AT&T Interactive (Deal of the Day from YP.com), with over 50% off their daily deals for real life in Atlanta, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Los Angeles.
There are a couple awesome things about these new Specials:
- We help you discover the deals that are right for you
We now run all Specials through our personalized Explore tab. As a result, you only see Specials that are right for you, and you also see why they’re right for you (for instance, if two of your friends have been there).
- A totally seamless purchase experience
If you’re walking around and see a Special you like, a couple taps in your app and you’ll be able to buy it, all without leaving the foursquare application. And if you find a good Special while browsing on foursquare.com, you can buy it there, too.
It’s available on BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone, and in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
This is just the start. In the coming months we’ll be featuring more types of deals, and look forward to helping the over 10,000,000 people on foursquare discover great Specials all around them.