Pomp, circumstance, and a badge! Commencement ’12 with @4sqOnCampus
This graduation season we were excited to see everyone sharing the big day on foursquare (and unlocking the Hats Off badge too!).
Here are some amazing highlights from commencement 2012 on foursquare!
- Syracuse encouraged students to check in to their “Real World” venue and awarded their Syracuse 44 campus badge for commencement check-ins.
- Florida State created a foursquare list for their graduation site filled with places to go before graduating.
- Purdue, UC Berkeley, Auburn and other schools also made graduation bucket lists. Senior Sooners at the University of Oklahoma even had the chance to win free swag by completing theirs and flashing their Boomer Badge.
- Where to take the best post-graduation pictures with friends and family? At Robert Morris University, there was a list for that.
- Available exclusively for the class of 2012, Hofstra ran a Special at the Student Center with senior parting gifts.
- University of New Hampshire made a list of all their commencement weekend spots (including this scholarly cat).
Check out these #4sqFacts from graduation day
- Saturday, May 12th was the most popular day for graduation check-ins.
- The graduations with the most check-ins were at Columbia and NYU in New York, followed by Penn State and Boston University.
- After NYC, the cities with the most graduation check-ins this year were Boston, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
Did you check in at graduation? Share your experience with us in the comments!