Pop in your mouth guards and dig up your finest trash talk – the NHL season starts this Saturday!
You can put away those video games and highlights from last season – the NHL is back in action! The first puck of the 2013 National Hockey League’s season will drop on Saturday, January 19.
To add to the anticipation, the NHL and five of the teams are offering specials and launching badges of their own (with more on the way!). When you’re at the home arena for one of these teams, be sure to keep an eye out for specials – you might win tickets to the next game, team swag, or concessions! For example:
- New York Islanders fans who check in at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum will get a free t-shirt when they spend $50 in the Team Store, a free fleece when they spend $100, and two tickets to a future game if they spend $150.
- Colorado Avalanche fans can push their check-ins to Twitter for a chance to win tickets to an upcoming Avs game.
- Washington Capitals fans can check in at the Verizon Center and share their check-ins on Twitter for a chance to win an autographed puck from a Washington Capitals player.
- Carolina Hurricanes fans who check in to PNC Arena and share their check-ins to Twitter will be entered for a chance to win a team-autographed jersey.
- Vancouver Canucks fans will receive 50% off at the team store. And anyone who shares their check-in to Twitter will be entered to win a Canucks home jersey.
Will Sidney Crosby stay healthy this year? Will King Henrik continue his reign? And will the L.A. Kings be able to avoid the effects of their seven-month-long Stanley Cup hangover? Only time will tell. Now go support your team, check in, and enjoy the game!