This #4sqDay, celebrate your favorite local businesses!
Spring has nearly sprung, which means 4sqDay is only a little over a month away! The first 4sqDay was held three years ago by an amazing group of people in Tampa Bay, FL who loved using Foursquare to spread the word about local businesses in their community. So this year on 4/16 (four/four squared… get it?), we’re going back to the roots of 4sqDay and focusing on celebrating local businesses around the world.
Here are just a few ways that you can help us support small and local businesses:
- Head to your favorite clothing boutique or local coffee shop on April 16, and check in to share the place with your friends.
- Check in at a new local business that’s recently opened in your neighborhood.
- Use Explore to find a place that’s new to you!
- If you’re a business, set up a 4sqDay special to share the love with new and loyal customers.
- Join forces with other people on Foursquare to do something really special – find a meetup near you. If you’re already planning a big meetup on 4sqDay, be sure to let us know!
Check out the greatest hits from 4sqDays past and visit foursquarestore.com to snag one of our new 4sqDay 2013 t-shirts. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the community-powered 4sqDay.com blog for announcements, also!