Fulham fans rejoice – your team is leaving awesome tips and running some great specials on Foursquare! Whether you’re checking in at the Cottage or yelling, “Come On You Whites!” at your television, make sure you like their page to see their tips and lists. You can also download the official FFC app for iPhone or Android, which uses Foursquare Explore to help you score awesome deals and find the best places near the stadium and in your town to watch the game.
When you can’t make it to a game, or when your beloved FFC are travelling on long away days, keep your eyes peeled for the team’s official check-ins and photos to get an insider’s view into what’s happening at the club.
Fulham fans around the world – you’re included, too! Look out for great rewards when you check in during Fulham matches at participating bars where Fulham fans tend to gather.
Come On You Whites!
Plan the ultimate dream date this Valentine’s Day… or just wallow in misery. Foursquare Explore can help either way!
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! Hopefully you’ve already made plans, but if not, never fear – Foursquare Explore can help you find the perfect flower shop or date spot. Try searching for things like ‘Italian,’ ‘French,’ or ‘oysters’ to find the most romantical place to take your sweetie on Valentine’s Day.
To make planning your fancy night out even easier, we’ve put together this handy-dandy tool for all you lovebirds out there. Head to foursquaredreamdate.com to find all the flowers, candy, and romance-inducing places in your city.
Happy (or not-so-happy) Valentine’s exploring!
At Foursquare, we’re constantly looking at how people use the app and making improvements to help people have the best experience possible. With the Android update that’s rolling out today, we’re making three big changes to the app, all around making it easier to find the best stuff nearby as soon as you open it up:
1. Finding places with Explore is easier than ever.
One thing we’ve noticed in the past few months is that people on Android are using Foursquare to search for places to go. So, we built a smoother search experience and moved Explore to the top of the home screen to make it easy to quickly find a place. Tap the search bar to find “nachos,” “Mexican,” or “margaritas,” or browse categories like coffee, food, and nightlife. Not sure what you want? You can still find all our top picks for interesting places in the area by choosing the “Best Nearby” option when you tap the search bar.
2. Quickly see friends and great places nearby.
Now when you open up the app, you’ll see a map up top that shows friends who are checked in nearby, along with places we think you’ll like. Tap on the map to expand it, and zoom around to see even more of your friends. We’ve also moved your nearby friends to the top of the stream so it’s easy to get a sense of who’s around.
3. Get to your to-do list and other essentials with the left hand drawer.
Instead of three tabs at the bottom of the app, you’ll now have a drawer (tap the top left corner of the screen) where you can easily get to your profile, lists, and settings. Now, when you save a great new place to your to-do list, it’s just a single tap away.
There are other things you’ll notice, like the check in button’s new home on the bottom left, a simpler way to add friends, and interesting insights every time you check in. And, we have more updates coming down the line, including an even better personalized map on your home screen. As always, we’ll continue to iterate and make improvements based on what people like and don’t like.
Note: You’ll see the changes from this update rolling out over the next few weeks.
Foursquare has tons of helpful information about places, like photos, menu items, and great tips from insiders and local experts. Now, it’s even easier to share that information with your friends. When you Tweet, post to Facebook, email or text about a place with friends who don’t have Foursquare on their phones, they’ll be linked to a shiny new page showing all the most important info about it.
We’ve redesigned the page to highlight great tips and photos (and it still has all the essentials, like address, phone number, and more).
You guys! We just hit a huge milestone! Today, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport became the first location on Foursquare to pass 1,000,000 check-ins.
ATL is one of the most highly-trafficked airports in the world, and airports in general are some of the busiest places on Foursquare. Each and every day, millions of people are checking in at transportation hubs around the world to let their friends and family know they’re setting off on a great adventure, or arriving home after a long journey. And, along with checking in at ATL, airport-goers have shared their experiences by leaving over 2,000 tips behind for future travelers. So whether you’re looking for power outlets, a quiet place for a nap, or the shortest taxi line, a quick search on Foursquare Explore will make you a concourse connoisseur.
- According to Foursquare, Monday is the airport’s biggest day for travel, and Terminal B sees the most traffic, on average.
- Frequent ATL fliers love dining at One Flew South more than any other in-airport restaurant (it also has the highest rating!).
- Those looking to kill time tend to walk by the permanent collection of sculptures from Zimbabwe while waiting for their flight.
Whether you’re zooming across the world or patronizing local businesses, thanks for contributing to our ever-growing location database. And congrats to ATL for being the first location to hit 1,000,000 check-ins!
Runway shows, sample sales, and secret after-parties – make the most of Fashion Week with Foursquare
Fashion Week is here! Whether it’s your first New York Fashion Week or your fifteenth, use Foursquare to make sure you don’t miss a beat. Open up the app to get insider tips from the experts, score exclusive savings when you check in, and discover places and events when you’re on the go. Here’s how you can make the most of #NYFW:
- Check in when you’re at your favorite designers’ shows (that not-Yves Saint Laurent show? You’re so there). Thanks to Lucky Magazine, you’ll see the events already listed in the app.
- Keep an eye out for insider tips from DailyCandy in Explore, and like their page to see them all.
- Unable to get to the runway? Unlock the DailyCandy Fashion Editor or Fashion Week 2013 badge when you check in at boutiques, popular Fashion Week haunts, or when you check in and mention “Fashion Week” or “NYFW” between February 7 and February 14.
- Feeling fashion fatigue? Stop by the Amex Area at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week main lobby to check your coat, grab a healthy treat at the Refresh Bar, and check in. And if you’re honoring LFW in the UK later this month, sync your Amex card to Foursquare and save money at local stores like Harrods, Gap, Banana Republic, and House of Fraser.
- Be one of the first 40 people to check in at the Union Square Walgreens at 14th and 4th on Saturday, and you could snag a Fashion Week survival kit filled with goodies (or maybe a $25 gift card!).
Find the best arts, culture and food events in your city, brought to you by Voice Media Group and Foursquare
A couple weeks ago, we announced our partnering with Voice Media Group to bring you a ton of great tips, lists, and tens of thousands of events related to arts, culture, and food in cities across the U.S. Today, you can see those events when you open up the app.
To find great goings-on near you, just open up Explore and tap through to your favorite places. You’ll see things like gallery openings and author appearances, along with the movies, concerts, and sporting events we already show you.
It’s Black History Month, and BET is kicking it off with a brand new badge that celebrates African-American history.
Manage a business on Foursquare? Add your Twitter account to connect with your customers in more ways
Foursquare is all about connecting people to businesses. Part of that means helping business owners engage with their loyal customers, whether those customers are in the store or out exploring. Starting today, if you manage a business on Foursquare, you’ll now have the option to display your Twitter handle when someone tweets their check-in at your store.
So instead of a customer saying she’s “at Butter Lane,” her tweet will say she’s “at @butterlane.” It’s a small change to help you better reach out to and connect with people who love your business.
Still need to claim your locations? Get started at http://business.foursquare.com.
With winter still in full swing, it’s the perfect time to beef up your warm-clothing wardrobe, meet friends for a hearty meal, or sip on a hot cup of coffee. If you’re in the UK (and have a UK-issued card), sync your American Express card to Foursquare, check in at a participating location, and spend at these businesses this month* to get money back on your next statement:
- Harrods: spend £50, get £25
- Shell: spend £50, get £15 (valid through 18 April)
- Banana Republic: spend £50, get £25
- Carphone Warehouse: spend £25, get £10
- Gap: spend £50, get £25
- House of Fraser: spend £50, get £25
- Pizza Hut: spend £30, get £15 (valid through 6 March)
- Starbucks: spend £10, get £5 (valid through 13 February)
Click here to sync your American Express and Foursquare accounts. Then go out and shop, save money, and stay warm out there!
*All offers valid through 28 February except where noted.