We’re super excited to announce that our API is now live.
It’s something that’s been in testing with a small group of developers for the last few months. Even during this phase, we’ve seen you guys make all sorts of interesting applications using our data:
- an Android app
- a venue popularity tracker: SocialGreat
- a foursquare layer on Layar
- a location-based game: MobZombies
- an integration with Peek Mobile devices: PeekMaps
- an RFID/Oyster card-based checkin system: FourTap
- a way to find deals nearby based on your check-in history: Yipit
- a Wordpress plugin
- a Firefox plugin
- a check-in diary: Last Night’s Checkins
We have a new landing page for all dev-related content: http://developer.foursquare.com. We’ve started by highlighting a few of the applications and developers there. Eventually, we’d love to have a directory that lists all of your work.
Join the conversation by subscribing to the developer discussion group. If you have any other questions or want to write in with comments directly, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with!