Since we launched Swarm two months ago, it’s been growing really fast. Currently, about 75% of people who check in now do so on Swarm. It’s been pretty intense keeping up with the growth (Foursquare didn’t have that many users for a few years), and you guys have sent a ton of feedback, both to email@example.com and on Twitter and Facebook. We read every piece of feedback, and know that some of you miss old Foursquare. Not only does this unbundling of Swarm and Foursquare enable a lot of new stuff in Swarm, but there’s also the upcoming all-new Foursquare, which you’re going to hear a lot more about soon.
In the meantime, we have been busy both fixing things (a lot more bugs pop up when millions of people are checking in from every corner of the world; things like occasional crashes, slowness, and location accuracy should be getting better every day) and working on the stuff you’ve been asking for, like new game mechanics.
So, while new updates will continue rolling out every couple weeks, we wanted to show you a few things you’ll see in the coming releases:
- New stickers (we got a lot more planned here);
- Easy access to tips after you check in to a new place (a very highly-requested feature), and a visual update, too;
- Mayors of different categories (like your friend who goes to bars the most);
- We’re making it way easier for our amazing Superusers to submit edits right in the app; and,
- Of course, lots more speed and stability improvements.
Keep sending feedback our way. And thank you for using Swarm!